When setting up the camera for usage with Shutter Stream software.
Main steps are:
- Reset camera to default settings.
- Setup guidelines.
- Camera user guide, more info.
- Troubleshooting KB article.
The first step to working with Shutter Stream or Shutter Stream 360 Product Photography Software is setting up your compatible camera. We have highlighted the specific settings required for operating your camera through the software. To access the instructions for your camera, please click on the corresponding Manufacturer of the camera you will be using below:
Reset Camera Settings to factory default - for ex. on the T6i see:
this holds true for all cameras.
1. Set the Mode Dial to Manual (M)
2. Set Image Quality to JPG (any image quality – preferably Large should maximum resolution images be preferred) or JPG+RAW should RAW image format be required (note Shutter Stream does not have the ability to Crop RAW images)
3. Set Auto Power Off to Off
4. Set Auto Rotate to Off
5. Set Lens to Auto Focus (AF switch on Lens). Alternatively should user prefer to physically adjust focal point manually, leave the lens in Manual Focus (MF)
6. Set AF Point Selection to Automatic Selection
7. Remove the cameras SD/CF memory card
8. Set Release shutter without card to ON or Enable
9. Set Live View shooting AF mode to Quick mode or Live mode (but NOT face detection mode)
10. Set Auto Lighting Optimizer to Off
11. Disable any default or autorun or remote capture applications that might take control of your camera when plugged in through USB. These will often compete with the Shutter Stream program and take control of the camera –not allowing Shutter Stream to communicate with the camera.
Windows – Check AutoPlay Settings and set camera default to ‘Ask me Every Time‘ OR ‘Take no Action‘
Mac – Open iPhoto, go to its Preferences and select Connection camera opens: No application.
Other imaging applications can interfere with camera communication. Please also check these to ensure they are not taking control of your camera.
12. If you have Anti-Virus Software, be sure to white-list Shutter Stream so that it may access your camera
Additional Camera Information:
Live View Exposure Simulation: Yes
Live View Window Size: Max 1056 x 704
Camera Settings Available: Aperture, Shutter Speed, White Balance, ISO, Manual Focal Point Adjustment
Product Info: User Guide and Additional Information can be found on the manufacturers website: see here
- Problems Recognizing Or Connecting Camera To Shutter Stream Software: http://confluence.iconasys.dmmd.net/display/SHSKB/Problems+Recognizing+Or+Connecting+Camera+To+Shutter+Stream+Software