I got the Error 129 when tried to shoot video my Canon Camera with Shutter Stream software.
Main steps are:
- Disconnect all USB and restart PC
- Switch camera to movie/video mode
- Empty SD card (ensure there is storage space still available)
- Try recording again
- If this still doesnt work, please test manually recording a video with your camera
Error 129 means:
#define EDS_ERR_DEVICE_BUSY 0x00000081L
This means that the camera is not ready yet to shoot, it is busy.
Shoot in Manual Focus
Camera is least busy when shooting in manual focus mode. Please try manual focus in software, but keep the physical switch on the lens to AF, and see if this helps with the error.
Please try the following steps:
- Set the camera to manual focus. (Even try switching the len's manual focus physical switch to MF. You will loose the ability to adjust focus from the software, but try it first and see if it helps.)
- Shut down Shutter Stream and disconnect all other USB devices, except for the camera (or the keyboard or mouse).
- Switch camera to movie or video mode from the physical dial mode button or its dedicated button for video/movie mode.
- Make sure the camera has a large enough and empty SD card inserted.
- Power everything back on and restart Shutter Stream.
- Try recording again.
- Maybe the camera is broken? A good idea is to try to unplug camera from USB and see if it works shooting outside of Shutter Stream, as a normal camera. See if Live View mode works, see if images are being shot and saved to SD card, etc...
If shooting still images, please disable "Keep live view on after capture" from the "Live view options" menu, as shown below: